Leading the way in European architecture and window manufacture for more than three decades, uPVC is considered exceedingly environmentally responsible due to its lifespan, recyclability, ease of manufacture and high energy-saving characteristics. Judged against alternatives such as timber and Aluminium in independent life cycle assessments uPVC comes out on top.
WHY UPVC IS A BETTER ALTERNATIVE
TO ALUMINIUM OR TIMBER
At DuoGlass Perth’s window glazing factory, we use German-engineered uPVC, widely regarded as the finest glass door and window profile material available. We also stock coloured profile for those looking for alternative coloured finishes.
A synthetic thermoplastic, uPVC surpasses other materials on the market in terms of durability, heat and noise insulation, low environmental impact and versatility of use.
BEAUTY & DESIGN
- Innovative and modern style
- Contemporary designs
- Capable of fitting any property
- Caters to a variety of tastes
- Looks stunning in both retrofits and new builds.
- Easy to maintain ‘as new’ appearance.
- Designs to suit everything from ultra modern to heritage styles.
MAXIMUM WIND RESISTANCE
- Ideal for buildings close to the sea.
- Long-lasting properties make it ideal for high-rise and major developments.
- Adheres to Australian Standards AS1288, 2047, 4666, 2208.
- Adheres to European Standards EN12207, EN12208, EN12210.
THE ADVANTAGES OF UPVC
- Extremely durable.
- No painting or maintenance necessary.
- Surpasses international standards.
- Insulates against heat and sound.
- Environmentally responsible.
- Capable of withstanding heavy weather.
- Unaffected by heavy rain, snow, strong sun or coastal atmosphere.
- Rot proof.
- Corrosion proof.
- Not prone to warping like timber.
- Incredible UV stability.
We have five showrooms in WA, where our highly skilled designers will be on hand to discuss your individual needs with you.